easi provides a BO facility to enquire about the balances in their demat account, details about transactions and other services, which CDSL may provide from time to time in its absolute discretion. The availability / non-availability of a particular service shall be advised either through email, communiqués, web site of CDSL or written communication
In this document, the following words and phrases shall have the meaning as provided hereunder unless the context indicates otherwise:
1. CDSL: Means Central Depository Services (India) Limited, a company incorporated under the Companies Act, 1956 and registered as a Depository under SEBI (Depositories and Participants) Regulation, 1996 and Depositories Act 1996.
2. Beneficial Owner (BO): Means an individual/corporate/HUF, etc. who has opened a demat account with a Depository Participant of CDSL
3. easi (Electronic Access to Securities Information) refers to the trade name of CDSL's Internet Services which enables a BO to enquire about the balances in his/her demat account, details about transactions and other services, which CDSL may decide to provide from time to time in its absolute discretion.
4. Internet: refers to a Global network of inter connected Computers network, each using transmission control protocol /Internet protocol or any combination thereof or such other standard network inter connection protocols as is used to transmit data that is directly or indirectly delivered to a Computer.
5. Subscriber: means a BO identified and duly registered for easi service.
6. Personal Information: refers to the information about the demat account that is stored on the records of CDSL and may be retrieved in a specified format.
7. Terms used but not defined herein shall have the meaning assigned to them in the CDSL Byelaws
Mailing Address: All correspondence / delivery by CDSL shall be made at the address and or e-mail address as registered with CDSL
Statement of accounts: The BO agrees that as easi provides a facility to view, print/ download account statement and transaction details, and the BO agrees not to receive the transaction statement, in physical form, and is aware, that the DP shall send physical statement of account atleast once a quarter
Non-Transferability: The right to avail easi facility by a BO is not transferable under any circumstances and shall be availed by the registered BO only
Change of Terms and Conditions: CDSL has the absolute discretion to amend, alter, vary or supplement any of the terms and conditions at any time and will endeavor to give prior notice of fifteen days wherever feasible for such changes. CDSL may introduce new services within easi from time to time. The existence and availability of the new services will be notified to the BO as and when they are made available. By using these new services, the BO agrees to be bound by the revised terms and conditions applicable
Notices: CDSL and the BO may give notices in the following manner under these Terms and Conditions: In writing by delivering them by hand or by sending them by post to the address registered in the CDSL system and in the case of CDSL to the address mentioned below
1. Central Depository Services (India) Ltd. (CDSL) 17th Floor, Phiroze Jeejeebhoy Towers, Dalal Street, Mumbai - 400 001.
2. In addition, CDSL may also publish notices of general nature, which are applicable to all BOs using easi on its website. Such notices will have the same effect as if the notice was served individually to each BO.
Disclosure of Personal Information: The BO agrees that CDSL or its DPs may hold and process its Personal Information on computer or otherwise in connection with easi as well as for statistical analysis. The BO also agrees that CDSL may disclose, in strict confidence, to other institutions, such Personal Information as may be reasonably necessary for reasons inclusive of but not limited to the following: To the DP where the BO is having his/her demat account For participation in any telecommunication network In compliance with a legal directive and For fraud prevention purposes, etc.
Proprietary Rights: The BO acknowledges that the software underlying easi as well as other Internet related software required for accessing easi is the sole copyright of the respective vendors. The permission given by CDSL to access easi will not convey any proprietary or ownership rights in the above software. The BO shall not attempt to modify, translate, disassemble, decompile or reverse engineer the software underlying easi or create any derivative product based on such software.
Termination of easi Service: The BO may request for termination of the easi service any time by giving a written notice of at least 15 days to CDSL. CDSL may withdraw the easi service anytime provided the BO is given reasonable notice under the circumstances. The closure of the BO Account(s) will automatically terminate the easi service. CDSL may suspend or terminate easi service without prior notice if the BO has breached any of the terms and conditions or CDSL learns of the death, bankruptcy or lack of legal capacity of the BO.
Liability: CDSL shall not be liable to BO for providing any information relating to their demat account(s) through the use of easi service and the BO hereby indemnifies and keeps indemnified CDSL against any action, suit, proceeding initiated against it or any loss, cost or damage incurred by it as a result thereof. CDSL shall, under no circumstance be liable to the BO if the access is not available in the desired manner for reasons including but not limited to natural calamities, legal restraints, faults in the telecommunication network or network failure or any other reason beyond the control of CDSL. Under no circumstance shall CDSL be liable for damages whatsoever whether such damages are direct, indirect, incidental, consequential and irrespective whether any claim is based on loss of revenue, interruption of business, or any loss of any nature and whether sustained by the BO or any other person. Illegal or improper use of the easi service shall render the BO liable for payment of pecuniary charges (fine) as decided by CDSL and will result in suspension/termination of the access to the easi service.
General: The clause headings in this agreement are only for convenience and do not affect the meaning of the relative clause. The BO shall not assign this agreement to anybody else. CDSL may subcontract and employ agents to carry out any of its obligations under this agreement.
Disclaimer: All information provided in easi is obtained by CDSL from sources believed by CDSL to be accurate and reliable. Because of the possibility of human and technical error as well as other factors, CDSL is not responsible for any errors or omissions. The development of the products and services of CDSL is a continuous process and published information may not be up to date. The formats, update frequency and retention period of the information will be decided at the sole discretion of CDSL. It is important to check the current position with concerned Depository Participant. All information is provided on 'as is' basis without warranty of any kind. CDSL makes no representation and disclaim all express, implied and statutory warranties of any kind to the BO and/or any third party including warranties as to accuracy, timeliness, completeness, merchantability or fitness of the information for any particular purpose.All proprietary rights in the information received shall remain the property of CDSL. Reproduction, redistribution and transmission of any information contained on the web site is strictly prohibited. Access to this web site is in confirmation the BO has understood and accepted these terms and conditions. This service does not in any manner whatsoever undermine, compromise or substitute the provisions of the agreement entered into by the BO with its Depository Participant.